Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Peter Dombrovskis: Photographer

His work inspired me to buy a Large Format Camera. When I went Canberra (now not as often as I did) I would go to the National Library of Australia to look at his Books. None of his books are now in print and they can only be found in libraries and the 2nd Hand Book Market. My favourite was On the Mountain.

The Sydney Morning Herald published an article last week indicating his widow, Liz, has just "sold his archive of 3000 images to the National Library of Australia".

A couple of quotes from the article follows:

"He used to get physically exhausted by the emotional effort he put into his photos,'' she says. ''Apart from the artistic composition, Peter used to say you can't take a good photograph if there's not part of you in it."

"he excelled at sweeping landscapes and intimate detail shots"


Lake Albina: Jan 2005

No comments:

Post a Comment