Thursday, August 25, 2011

Red - Financial District - New York City (Fri 12 Aug 2011)

Red - Financial District - New York City (Fri 12 Aug 2011)

As the following posts will show, I was drawn to the graffiti on the temporary construction barrier fence.

Some times you get lucky.

In this photo I had noticed the fence graffiti and was just starting to move over to photograph it, when I saw the first man in the red shirt emerge from the subway. I quickly noticed the yellow and orange paint and then framed my shot.

Decided to wait just a moment to see if anything would become more obvious to my visual filter. In waiting for this brief moment I got lucky with another man with a red shirt emerging from the subway and a passerby with a red shoulder bag coming into frame. That was the moment to press the shutter. I did not notice the red flavoured drink of the passerby until reviewing the photo.

For me travel photography is not about landmarks but colour, combination and lines. This photo seems to make all the failed efforts worthwhile.

This is all described brilliantly by Henri Cartier-Bresson (*) here

No comments:

Post a Comment