Friday, March 30, 2012

Lady in Red with Black Cat (1 and 2 of 4) - Bruno Dutot - Edgecliff (Fri 23 Mar 2012)

Lady in Red with Black Cat (1 of 4) - Bruno Dutot - Edgecliff (Fri 23 Mar 2012)

Lady in Red with Black Cat (2 of 4) - Bruno Dutot - Edgecliff (Fri 23 Mar 2012)

Had to go to Double Bay recently. Caught the train to Edgecliff and walked down to Double Bay. Took a detour on the way there and back to photograph this well known piece of Street Art by Bruno Duto. Got lucky with random pedestrians, one in a red blouse and the other in a blue shirt, both colours which fit nicely with the subject.

Wendy Matthews typifies much of what people think of this Sydney Landmark ..
"Every time I come to the city I drive past her, see if she's changed. Sometimes she'll have a cat or be standing in snow. Though you never see her face, she's come to symbolise Sydney for me."
The man in the blue shirt in the second photo stopped to talk to me after he realized what I was doing. He told me that me that he had lived in the area all his life and that as far as he can remember, Bruno Dutot, comes back on the 1st Jan each year to touch the piece up for another year.

More to come soon ..

No comments:

Post a Comment