Wednesday, January 9, 2013

On the Beauty of Photography - Spencer Lum (Mon 07 Jan 2012)

Green / CAMO - Alexandria (Mon 16 Dec 2012)

Spencer Lum (*) writes On the Beauty of Photography (*):
The question isn’t what looks good.

The question is what fits.

Are you building something?

Are you filtering through what works and what doesn’t and packing your pictures with connotation?

Or just showing what’s there?

In the simplest terms, get rid of the bad and keep the good.

You can spend a lifetime deciding on just what that means.

And that’s the beauty of photography.

The key is just to keep making those decisions.
via Say what you mean and mean what you say (*) by Spencer Lum (*).

Always making decisions here. It's part of the attraction of doing what happens here. I look back over the four years of photos here and sometimes I shake my head at what I see. I look at it and say to myself, it was the right decision (or maybe the only decision) to make at the time. In some ways it makes me realise how much I have done and learnt. So while I might shake my head, there are no regrets.

No comments:

Post a Comment