Thursday, February 7, 2013

History is .. - Brooks Jensen / LensWork Daily (Fri 01 Jun 2012)

A dragonfly flitted in front of me .. (*) - Hiroshima Memorial Museum / Japan (Sun 16 Sep 2012)

Brooks Jensen (*) writes On The Past (*):
History is important
  • history is inspiration;

  • history is a foundation on which we stand;

  • history is an opportunity to learn from the wisdom of others so that we don't have to make their same mistakes;

  • history is a background that informs our work.
via Our Place in History (*) in Random Thoughts (*) by Brooks Jensen (*).

Brook has a way with words and these caught my attention when looking through his Random Thoughts Archive (*) today. I have a few photos that remind me of history and the photo above is one of the most powerful of the incomprehendible. At least for me anyway. On Hiroshima, I can't put it any better than Beth Nicholls (*) who writes (*):
It doesn’t bear thinking about, and yet it is something we all need to think about it. The Hiroshima Memorial Museum is a painful eye opener that I wish every single one of us could visit. It is hard to think that we were ever at war with Japan, but even so, it is one history lesson we must not forget.”
Found via a quick Google Blog Search (*).

No comments:

Post a Comment