Tuesday, December 30, 2014

On Instagram - Stephen Shore / ASX (Tue 30 Dec 2014)

Nibbles - Ealing / London (Sat 13 Sep 2014)

Stephen Shore (*) writes on Instagram (*):
One thing is it’s fun. I like the quality of conversation that goes on, where there’s a group of people who I know are looking at my posts every day, or whenever I do it, and I in turn am looking at theirs, eagerly, waiting to see what they post. And it’s a very different kind of communication than what goes on in a book or a gallery, where you just put the work out there and there’s no sense of dialogue.
via Stephen Shore ‘Likes’ Instagram (*) by Stephen Shore (*).

Happy with my little nook here on the Internet. No need for regular viewers or constant feedback. I had that opportunity on photo.net (*) a long time ago - well before Flickr (*) and Instagram. I learnt a lot, but mainly watched. Not really my thing. It's too hard to be engaging in critiquing and providing insightful feedback. Might be lazy or untalented (*), it's just who I am. I don't expecting to be signing up to Instagram in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment