Thursday, February 11, 2010

My Island Home - Christine Anu - Sydney 2000

My Island Home - Christine Anu - Sydney 2000

Another great Australian Moment for me as we watched the Sydney 2000 Closing Ceremony live on TV here in Sydney - we had only just got back to Alexandria in time from the Men's and Women's Handball Finals to see this performance.

I would decide at the very last minute to play the acoustic version of this song as the first song after Jenny's Service as we left the Chapel.

I don't know why, but I thought of this photo and our time at Lowe Howe Island (May 2000 - our Honeymoon and October 2001 - return trip to share the Island experience with Joanne and my Mother) and knew it was the not only the right song, but the right version.

My Island Home - Lowe Howe Island - Oct 2001 (picasa)

No comments:

Post a Comment