Thursday, December 9, 2010

London Bridge - London (Sun 28 Aug 2005)

London Bridge - London (Sun 28 Aug 2005)

Had reason recently to remember the above photo, which I took on the Southern Side of London Bridge back in 2005. Will post about the reason when I get time.

An easy photo for me to remember as I have always liked it. For a travel photo it has the obvious landmark signs, but I appreciated it because it is a good exampe of street photography and I was happy that I had seen it and acted to take the photograph quickly.

I was drawn to the lady sitting on the step on the right and the shadow of the "dragon" on the wall to the left. These two elements seemed to work together to tell an interesting visual story, if you let The Minds Eye wander a little. The blue of the Ladies Shirt as well as the blue in the top of the two left windows also worked together nicely (something I have tagged as Colour Photo Theme).

I would later find out from Eileen, that the Dragon represents one of the boundaries of the Square Mile, or the City of London and is there to protect the City, along with the others located around the City perimeter.

A bit of googling gives some useful information about the history of the Dragons (particularly the comment of lang rabbie dated 14-08-2005, 10:02).

No comments:

Post a Comment