Sunday, April 22, 2012

Hands and Gestures (1 of 3) - Detail (1 of 2) - The Met / New York City (Mon 15 Aug 2011)

Hands and Gestures (1 of 3) - Detail (1 of 2) - The Met / New York City (Mon 15 Aug 2011)

Yesterday's post (*) about the Eric Kim (*) cue on gestures and hands, reminded me to look at some of my recent, yet easily forgotten, photos, in a different light.

This photo is a detail crop of a nicely framed full size photo I took on the steps of The Met (*).

I really love the lady on the left - her hands and facial expression, they make it for me. It is the center of the photo for me and there are many other compelling elements to explore nice you force yourself from her gaze.

To follow is another detail crop and the original full-size photo from which both were drawn.

I also realised that I had posted (*) about this before through a Joel Meyerowitz (*) quote, which I will repeat here ..
So the idea is to walk and watch what is happening in any crowd and see if there is an interaction.

A gesture or a hug or kiss or goodbye.

Something that is a significant gesture that makes it interesting for people to look at in a photograph.

No comments:

Post a Comment