Thursday, May 5, 2011

The Best Sunrise in 2 Years - Kata Tutja (Fri 04 May 2001)

The Best Sunrise in 2 Years (6:35 AM) - Kata Tjuta (Fri 04 May 2001)

The Best Sunrise in 2 Years (6:40 AM) - Kata Tjuta (Fri 04 May 2001)

The Best Sunrise in 2 Years (6:50 AM) - Kata Tjuta (Fri 04 May 2001)

The Best Sunrise in 2 Years and surely it was!! At least this is what a local told me later that day.

Unfortunately I did not fully appreciate this fact at the time I took these photos on my flimsy, yet carefully positioned tripod.

I failed to tell Jenny to look over this way at the time of the sunrise, she was meditating facing the opposite direction towards Uluru, and I never really let myself live it down - yes it was The Best Sunrise in 2 Years. I know, I know ..

Joanne and I had a bit of laugh about my little oversight, just last week.

Wow - 10 years today.

Random recollection: I Remember having dinner at Sails in the Desert that night (we had had an amazing day) with Jenny and hearing a young entertainer playing a paino version of U2's With or Without You. I remember telling Jenny how great this performance was and I went up to the young lady and told her so. Had a nice chat and she told me she liked playing the song and that her boyfriend had composed the arrangement for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment