Friday, October 7, 2011

Live, Work, Create. - Ramercy / New York (Wed 17 Aug 2011)

Live, Work, Create. - Ramercy / New York (Wed 17 Aug 2011)

Knew I photographed this for a reason. It seems to say what might motivate me to post here. Also makes me think of creative people such as Steve Jobs who sadly passed away from pancreatic cancer yesterday.

Like many from his generation (he was about 5.5 yearrs older than me), I have lived through and watched the development, release and have used the products from the very beginning of personal computing.

I now type this on one of his innovations, an iPad sitting on a train on my daily commute - who would ever thought that all those years ago when I was still at school. Well, Steve did and through hard work he motivated a company which was fortunate enough to be the first to convert a dream into a reality for us - the masses.

His passing has touched many, including those who were not hugh fans of the Apple worshipping and hysteria that Steve was so good at creating at product releases and conferences.

It is always sad when someone passes away so young, but this was his destiny, just as Jenny had her own destiny and for all of us for that matter.

I feel some empathy towards Steve's Family and it is all in front of them, though I don't believe that Steve's passing was unexpected. Hopefully, they had their chances to say goodbye (*).

No matter what people thought of him, he was a great innovator, leader, businessman and he was never afraid of taking a risk or failure.

Lots of online tributes have popped all over the web.

Found a commencement speech (*) Steve made back in 2005 (*) at Stanford University. The last few paragraphs are very touching and worth remembering here for me ..

You can tell he has confronted his own mortality.

Maybe this is what I would like to remember from Steve’s Speech ..
Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life.

Don't be trapped by dogma, which is living with the results of other people's thinking.

Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice, heart and intuition.

They somehow already know what you truly want to become.

Everything else is secondary.


Steve Jobs, 14 Jun 2005, Stanford Commencement Speech.
Thanks Steve, your legacy has allowed me to ..
Live, Work, Create

No comments:

Post a Comment