Friday, November 25, 2011

Alice in Wonderland - Central Park / New York (Apr 1994/Aug 2011)

Alice in Wonderland - Central Park / New York (Apr 1994)

The above was taken on a disposable panorama format (*) 35mm Kodak camera on my last trip to New York way back in 1994.

Made sure to photograph 'Alice' on my next trip to New York, 17 years later using my little Canon S95 digital camera. Who would have thought 17 years ago that cameras would record photographs in bits and bytes and stored electronically, rather than film.

Alice in Wonderland - Central Park / New York (Mon 15 Aug 2011)

Lots of things have changed in New York and our lives, but some things will always remain the same. These two photos taken 17 years apart are proof of this for sure.

I wonder what future holds for us, particularly with regard to technology. I remember reading a computer magazine on my return flight back to Sydney in 1994, where I read for the first time about and Internet web browser called Mosaic (*), Netscape's predecessor. At the time I was a member of Compuserve, but had never ventured onto the Internet and the world wide web.

I hope it is not another 17 years before I get back New York.

No comments:

Post a Comment