Sunday, November 20, 2011

Tracks - Av de la Grande Amdee / Paris (Tue 24 Aug 2005)

Tracks - Av de la Grande Amdee / Paris (Tue 24 Aug 2005)

This style of photo was inspired by Andreas Gursky's (*) Rhine II (*) - see below - which I had been impressed by in my early photography days. I have a few variations of this and will put them here when I have time to find them.

Rhine II (*) recently sold (*) for a record $4.2 million.

Robert McFarlane (*) recently described (*) Rhine II (*) ..
"It's very simple, very graphic. In a funny way it makes you contemplate the very ordinary moments in your life,"
A nice way to look at my own humble efforts.

Rhine II (*) - Andreas Gursky's (*) - Rhine River / Cologne / Germany (1999)

Some interesting discussion and videos from here (*).

No comments:

Post a Comment