Monday, November 21, 2011

Street Scene - Prince Street / SoHo / New York (Thu 18 Aug 2011)

Street Scene - Prince Street / SoHo / New York (Thu 18 Aug 2011)

The mid afternoon light on the northern side of the street was quite soft, much less contrasty than I'm used to back home in Sydney. The light was beautiful here and I took quite a few photographs, so there might be a few more to come.

Saw the following photo by Jan Meissner (*) last week from here (*) where the work was described by Nick Turpin (*) as:
graphic color scenes of the New York sidewalk often take parallel to the buildings which had a continuity of approach
When I saw the photo I felt I had seen something similar. If you look at both closely they are the same street. Small world.

Street Scene - Jan Meissner (*) - Prince Street / SoHo / New York (2009?)

No comments:

Post a Comment