Saturday, June 16, 2012

Jenny and Joanne - St George Private Hospital (Tue 16 Jun 2009)

Jenny and Joanne - St George Private Hospital (Tue 16 Jun 2009)

Three years ago about now.

Jenny and Joanne doing the measurements for their 2009 Australian Dragon Boat Team Uniforms. Jenny had withdrawn from the Team a week earlier when a 4cm Brain Tumor had been diagnosed, but was allowed to complete her uniform order. The next day Jenny had the tumor removed and 12 days later she left us.

Jo and I were able to have Jenny's uniform order processed and we were presented with her Uniform with the rest of the Masters Team before we departed for Prague.

It is easy to forget these kind of moments, particularly when lost in the haze of grief, and the trauma that goes with the risk and mistakes that one takes when trying to find purpose and a new place in the world.

For those I have hurt or confused (and I know there are many) on this emotional rollercoaster, I apologise. The way I have acted is the best I could manage under the circumstances.

It is times like this I am glad that I have these photos to help remember the moments that shaped our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment