Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Speech Therapy - St George Private Hospital (Mon 22 Jun 2009)

Jenny and her Speech Therapist - Rehabilitation - Speech Therapy - St George Private Hospital (Mon 22 Jun 2009)

"The Bag of Tricks" - Rehabilitation - Speech Therapy - St George Private Hospital (Mon 22 Jun 2009)
"Down to Business" - Rehabilitation - Speech Therapy - St George Private Hospital (Mon 22 Jun 2009)

"Progress" - Rehabilitation - Speech Therapy - St George Private Hospital (Mon 22 Jun 2009)

"Determination" - Rehabilitation - Speech Therapy - St George Private Hospital (Mon 22 Jun 2009)

The sheer determination of Jenny to get herself back to normal is one of the most amazing things I have seen in my life. She never felt sorry for herself and she did not once say "Why Me?" in the 13 years of her Life with Cancer.

I think these photos of Jenny with her Speech Therapist show what I mean.

When my motivation and confidence is lacking, I need to look at these and remind myself of what true determination is and get on with it without trying to compare myself to others, worrying about what others think or feeling sorry for myself.

These photos and this blog are great reminders to how I should lead my life. I guess you could say they are my "Speech Therapy".

Thank you Jenny.

No comments:

Post a Comment