Monday, October 29, 2012

On Remembering - Daido Moriyama

Shinjuku Lights - Shinjuku / Tokyo (Mon 17 Sep 2012)

Daido Moriyama (*) at Rabbit Hole Tumblr (*)
I think that the most important thing that photography can do is to relate both the photographer and the viewer’s memories.
For me and my ever failing memory, this is exactly what is the beauty of photography. While I am failing to remember names and the little details that make life easier in the connected world I engage in, I can remember my feelings and memories. Photography helps but, oddly enough, I also have a photographic-like memory for my feelings and scenes that catch my eye.

I can look at any one of my 100,000 digital photos that I have taken over the last 12 years and tell you where it was taken, why I took it and what I was feeling at the time. Amazing really. Thank you photography, I am a better person because of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment