Thursday, November 15, 2012

On Beauty and Photography - Davey Maclean aka Shot by Shooter / Glass Magazine (Tue 14 Nov 2012)

Mother, Son and Frog - Markets / Shanghai (Wed 20 Oct 2004)

Davey Mclean (*) aka Shot by Shooter (*) in Glass Magazine (*)
[On Beauty] I often photograph people who have a kind of fragile beauty [..]

[On Photography] I don't think that my photographs mean anything, they are just what someone sees in them – I think photography only has meaning when someone looks at it. They’re just snapshots.
I was able to give her a copy of an A4 print on my return to Shanghai a few weeks later. She was very excited.

Detail #1 - Mother and Son - Markets / Shanghai (Wed 20 Oct 2004)

Detail #2 (Hands) - The Frog - Markets / Shanghai (Wed 20 Oct 2004)

No comments:

Post a Comment