Saturday, December 29, 2012

On Effortlessness - Neil Finn / Spectrum (Sat 29 Dec 2012)

Set it up - State Titles / SIRC / Penrith (Sun 18 Mar 2012)

Neil Finn (*) reveals the truth On Effortlessness (*):
When something looks effortless, like it always existed, like it rolled out of you like a river, then you have done a good job.

But what makes that up is painful small, incremental steps, craft, skulduggery, anything that gets you over the line.
via Culture: Neil Finn - On writing music for The Hobbit. (*) by Tim Elliott (*).

I know exactly what he means. All my life I have been told that I made this or that look effortless - it's actually happened a few times in the last week. Always taken it as a compliment, though sometimes I wish I could have shown how much goes on behind the scenes - to show how much I was trying.

Thanks Neil and Tim for giving some perspective and clarity on the issue of effortlessness.

A great quote and a fantastic little snippet for my 1201st post. Will keep them coming. It might look effortless to post these little pieces of wisdom (*) here, but just as Tim says, there is a lot going on to make it happen (BTW, I don't try too hard to find subject matter, it just seems to find me). I have a lot of fun doing it and it is worth the effort[lessness] (*).

No comments:

Post a Comment