Thursday, December 20, 2012

On Photography - the relationship between objects and people - Daido Moriyama (Summer 2005)

Traffic Barrier - Shinjuku / Tokyo (Sat 22 Sep 2012)

Daido Moriyama (*) gives an insight into his photography when asked What do you want viewers to take away from looking at your photos?:
Most of my photographs are taken on the street, of objects on the street.

I want to capture the relationship between objects and people.

I don’t ever think about what people are going to think looking at my photographs.

There are many things I can’t control.

That viewers see the photographs in a different way is really important, but it doesn’t influence the work.

My message enters the image, but I think it’s good if many messages enter the image, not just mine.
via Daido Moriyama Photographs His Beloved Shinjuku (*).

No comments:

Post a Comment