Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Dr Ray Seidler - Kings Cross Clinic / Sydney (Mon 21 Dec 2009)

Dr Raymond Seidler - Kings Cross Clinic (*) / Sydney (Mon 21 Dec 2009)

Today I was saddened to learn of the unexpected death (*) of Dr Raymond Seidler (*) on Thu 25 Jul 2013. He was 61 years old and always looked 15 years younger, no matter his age.

Ray was my GP for 24 years and was always there for me. I loved the diversity of his practice and patients, and he helped me through some challenging times in my life as well as all the little things that require the hand and advice of a Doctor.

We shared an interest in photography and he always had a few moments to talk about the latest digital camera and for us to view a few of the others photos on his desktop computer on his surgery desk.

His father was a professional photographer and Ray had a glass display cabinet full of old cameras in his surgery.

The camera shown above was his Father's. He picked this camera to show me, as he was touched by the hand written notes, made by his Father, on the inside of the camera case (just below his right hand). The notes related to reminders about exposure correction details, I seem to recall. He was more than happy to pose for this photograph.

He was also an earlier adopter of the latest gadget or technology and was a prolific writer (*) and commentator on a diverse range of issues.

I will miss him as my Doctor and as a person I could trust and confide. My thoughts are with his Family in particular, as well as his Friends and Colleagues.

Thank you Ray.

No comments:

Post a Comment