Tuesday, March 22, 2011

More Than a Feeling (Boston) by Igor Presnyakov [YouTube]

More Than a Feeling (Boston) by Igor Presnyakov [Youtube (*)]

More than a feeling
And I begin dreaming



Just amazing!!! Igor's performance, skills and passion are breathtaking. Just love watching his fingers and his face.

Following on from the previous post ..

A Couple of Random Memories: The original Boston version of the song was released in 1976, the year my family moved from Tamworth to Wagga Wagga. Would have been in 4th Form (or Year 10 as it is called now). Just a kid. Remember being very sad to leave Tamworth (we had moved to Tamworth from Goulburn when I was a few weeks short of the age of 2) as it was all I knew (have very few childhood memories before starting school).

Geoff and Lynn - maybe 1963 ? - "Lynn has this photo: one of my earliest memories - sitting on top the lounge having our photo taken." - Tamworth (picasa)

I have always said that while the move was difficult in the initial stages, it was one of best things to happen to me in many ways. It was a quite a formative experience to be separated from everything you had ever known and to have to start all over again. I think it helped me to accept change (particularly when you have no choice - you just have to accept it and make the most of it) and made me more resilent to the impact change can have on you, particular in the early stages of the change (hope that makes sense).

Have been to Boston quite a few times - 1988, 1990, 1991 and 1994. Planning to spend a few days there following Tampa 2011 in August 2011. Been a while, so looking forward to seeing it with another 17 years of life experiences behind me. Had always hoped to run the Boston Marathon which is held on Patriot's Day (3rd Monday of April). I tried to qualify by running the Melbourne Marathon in 1993, but was about 8 mins short of the pre-qualifying time of 3hr 15min (it was a bit easier in those days). Was lucky enough to be in Boston to watch the 1994 Boston Marathon.

Boston Marathon - Boston (Patriot's Day - Mon 18 Apr 1994)

Boston Marathon - Boston (Patriot's Day - Mon 18 Apr 1994)

Boston Marathon - Boston (Patriot's Day - Mon 18 Apr 1994)

No comments:

Post a Comment