Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Cars - Gary Numan live with NIN - O2 Arena / London - 15 Jul 2009 (youtube)

Cars - Gary Numan live with NIN - O2 Arena / London - Wed 15 Jul 2009 (youtube)

Just stumbled across this video during some random searching on google. Remember Gary Numan and this song along with a few of his others from the early 80's.

Really enjoy this video. Love the fact that is filmed solely on stage using a Canon SLR Camera. The closest we can get to Gary Numan is a side on shot. We get a feel for what is must be like to be a performer on stage.

A couple snippets from the youtube page
  • Filmed by Rob Sheridan with the Canon 5D Mark II. Audio mix by Blumpy.


  • Possibly the greatest thing that has ever happened, in the history of anything, ever! (a viewer comment :-)
Gary Numan is touring Australia and New Zealand in May 2011. I remember seeing a lot of Gary Numan Concert posters in Auckland when I was there for the Takapuna Cup.

Will post another video of the same performance, shot by one of the audience members, where we can see the this video being filmed.

Cars Lyrics

Here in my car
I feel safest of all
I can lock all my doors
It's the only way to live
In cars

Here in my car
I can only receive
I can listen to you
It keeps me stable for days
In cars

Here in my car
Where the image breaks down
Will you visit me please?
If I open my door
In cars

Here in my car
I know I've started to think
About leaving tonight
Although nothing seems right
In cars

No comments:

Post a Comment