Sunday, April 24, 2011

Change: Give me the .. by The Sandhill Warrior (Jun 2009)

Give me the courage, tenacity & positivity to change that which I can...(with a smile on my face!) (15 Jun 2009)

Give me the serenity, humility & tolerance to accept that which I cannot... (16 Jun 2009)

And give me the wisdom, humbleness & strength to know the difference. (17 Jun 2009)

SandhillWarrior (Rob Rowland-Smith)

Amazing what you can stumble upon. The message and timing of the above twitter quotes (posted over three days by Rob Rowland-Smith) mean something to me. I made a post from that time of our lives with some photos (a few of them below) titled:

The above quotes reflect much of what I knew I needed in myself for what would turn out to be Jenny's last two weeks of her life. All my life experiences, my training as I called it, helped me to be the best I could be to support Jenny (and Joanne) during this time of Jenny's life.

I look back at this time as my Life's Purpose. I knew this from the very moment Jenny told me she had breast cancer, way back in March 1996. We were incredibly Lucky to have so long together. An incredible life together.

Jenny - 'A little tidy up of Jenny's hair - it was always my job to do this.' - Kirrawee - 16 Jun 2009 (picasa)

Jenny, Joanne, David and Geoff - "Jenny takes a photo of us all just before she heads out to have a 4cm brain tumor removed. She had no fear and looked forward to quickly recovering to resume the treatment of the tumors in her liver." - St George - 6:30am Wed 17 Jun 2009 (picasa)

The night before brain surgery
Jenny - 'Just before heading out for surgery.' - St George Hospital - 7am Wed 17 Jun 2009 (picasa)

No comments:

Post a Comment