Saturday, August 3, 2013

Courtyard Pond - Petar Hektorovic - Tvrdalj Fortress / Stari Grad / Hvar (Wed 31 Jul 2013)

Courtyard Pond - Petar Hektorovic (*) - Tvrdalj Fortress (*) / Stari Grad (*) / Hvar (*) (Wed 31 Jul 2013)

We stumbled upon this small fortress, and I mean small, by sheer accident. It was just meant to be.

It would have to be one of the most peaceful places I have ever been to, so Jo suggested we scatter some of Jenny's Ashes on the courtyard fishpond.

Also I have an interest in courtyards as my soon to be renovation is to include an internal central courtyard. I am hoping that the same peace will be achieved as this place.

The perimeter of the fishpond courtyard has a number of inscriptions. A few I would like to remember are:
Remember that neither riches nor fame, beauty nor age can save you from death, that takes all
(On the south side of the fishpond)

Remember what will come after
(On the north side of the fishpond)

Know thou what thou art then why art thou proud?
(On the lavatory wall)
I really like the last inscription.

No comments:

Post a Comment