Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Haircut - Perruqueria Mar - Barcelona / Spain (Tue 06 Aug 2013)

Barber - Barcelona / Spain (Tue 06 Aug 2013)

Barber Shop - Perruqueria Mar - Barcelona / Spain (Tue 06 Aug 2013)

Haircut - that's my hair his is just about to sweep up - believe it or not - Barcelona / Spain (Tue 06 Aug 2013)

Been seven weeks since I have had a haircut. Would normally be 3 weeks. Decided to let it go a bit and Jo did a bit of a tidy up on the sides three weeks ago in Gyor.

Stumbled on a barber shop on the way to the beach area. Decided it was time to get it done, so went in, sat down and waited my turn. He was middle eastern and there was a middle eastern news show on his small portable TV to the side of his shop.

Did not take long and it was my turn. He could not speak English and I could definitely not speak his language. Three fingers to indicate the number 3 clippers and rub of my hand all over my head to indicate all over, and we were under way.

Pretty much the same procedure as back home, but a razor was used to clean up the neck, sideburns and around the ears.

As I got out of the chair, I did not know the cost, so I showed him my wallet and he took a 5 Euro Note, which is much cheaper than back home.

I shook his hand and he kindly obliged for a few photos.

It is little experiences like this that make you realise how universal things are and that travel to other countries broadens your outlook on life - I love it.

2 comments:

  1. Wish I had of been there would have roared with laughter
    You should him your wallet omg ! Only you would do that Geoff
    You should have asked him to smile. Looks annoyed

    Vb

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have to trust people. An honest man earning an honest wage. He was more than happy to pose for the photo and it was just the look I was after.

    ReplyDelete