Thursday, August 22, 2013

Hello from Amsterdam - The IT Crowd - Series 1 - Episode 1 (Yesterday's Jam)

The IT Crowd - Series 1 - Episode 1 (Yesterday's Jam) - YouTube (*) Amsterdam / Netherlands (Wed 21 Aug 2013)

We arrived in Amsterdam on Monday and we have a lovely apartment on the southern side of the U area near the Museum Park. It overlooks a canal and I got lucky booking this apartment. For some reason I had trouble making the accommodation arrangements here and it was only booked in Lisbon last week, while all the others were booked back in Australia some time ago.

When I think of Amsterdam I always think of this little Amsterdam Story from the first episode of The IT Crowd - Yesterday's Jam. It was mid 2006 when we saw this episode on a Wed night on the ABC. It was hilarious and we did not miss an episode from Series 1 and 2. They were all recorded on my first (and best) PVR and we would often watch an episode when nothing else was on. We never tired of it and each time we watched a show, we would laugh as much as the first time we saw it. In fact, we would pick up the subtle moments in each scene that made the scene even funnier.

This is the first of so many fantastic scenes from the show. We often roll out many a punch line when we face a situation that makes us think of the show. Hope it makes you laugh as much as it did for Jo and I on ours arrival in Amsterdam on Monday.

Now to find a Fair. I told everyone I will pay for the rides.

No comments:

Post a Comment