Thursday, September 5, 2013

On Song Writing - Sting - Daniel Rachel / Daily Mail (Sat 24 Aug 2013)

untitled - Barcelona (Tue 06 Aug 2013)

Sting (*) writes On Song Writing (*):
I think songwriters are conduits to songs from the ether. There’s a danger of grandiosity, but we don’t really write songs. They pre-exist. We find them like archaeologists. Even though I’ve put the work in, they seem like they’re already there.
via Lily Allen's no 1 was haunted by a ghost and a TV show inspired Oasis's Champagne Supernova: The secrets of the hitmakers (*) by Daniel Rachel (*).

3 comments:

  1. I would not dare to compare myself to Sting, but I agree wholeheartedly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean. We talked about these things in Herford just a few shirt weeks ago. I find it eons times in my writing here. I find it in my photography and even in programming - Eiffel hid all the complexity and allowed a focus on finding and creating a solution. I hoped you would like the sbove quote. Thanks .. Geoff

    ReplyDelete