Monday, September 6, 2010

It's whoever has worked the hardest and smartest who will win - Anders Gustafsson (Sun 22 Aug 2010)

Anders Gustafsson (twitter) World Champion Kayaking K1 500m 2010 (youtube - Tweet)


Anders Gustafsson - K1 500m - 2010 ICF World Championships - Poznan/Poland - (Sun 22 Aug 2010)


A transcription of the video follows:

Anders Gustafsson (twitter): Hi, this is Anders Gustafsson. Tomorrow I will leave for the [2010] World Championships in Poland.

It's been really [difficult] training here in Sweden leading into the World Championships.

This is a pretty normal day (very windy and cold). Can't say it has been the best.

All my time trials have been really slow. That wont affect me too much. I will still go to Poland with a strong heart.


A flashback to the 2009 World Championships:

Commentator: 7/100 of a sec. That was the difference between Gustafsson and the German Rahue at the finish. And the Swedish settle for another silver this world championships.

Anders Gustafsson (twitter): Yesterday I was so happy over my Silver. But today I can't help to think about how close it was. Sadly I didn't win.

I'm stoked but still what little extra fuel to work even harder. I will try to make sure next time that I will be the best. I want to be world champion.

It's a huge difference in being 2nd in the world and being world champion.

I dream about the day when I can say that I am world champion.

I still think about the close race in 2009 sometimes.

I get over it by working even harder and to try and make sure that next time I have the inches on my side.

And in kayaking it's not luck that decides who wins.

It's whoever has worked the hardest and smartest who will win.


At the end, we go back to Anders in Sweden before leaving for Poland.

Anders Gustafsson (twitter): This has only made me harder and tougher and hopefully that will show in the race in Poland.

No comments:

Post a Comment