Tuesday, June 21, 2011

The Fifth Mountain - Book - Paulo Coelho

From The Fifth Mountain by Paulo Coelho:
Tragedies do happen. We can discover the reason, blame others, imagine how different our lives would be had they not occurred. But none of that is important: they did occur, and so be it. From there onward we must put aside the fear that they awoke in us and begin to rebuild.
I read this book in early 2010 while on 3 months leave from work .

The Fifth Mountain is an instance (a computer term from Object Orient Programming) of Paulo's book, Manual of the Warrior of Light, which I have drawn much inspiration over the last 18 months or so.

Having read the Fifth Mountain after the Manual of the Warrior of Light I could see the Warrior metaphors in the story (surprised this has received little or no comment on the various online reviews/discussions I have read of The Fifth Mountain). And just to confirm my feelings about this, it becomes plainly obvious in the last few pages of the book.

Looking back now over the last two years, and in particular the time since I read the book, I can say it is an amazing book - probably the book I have learnt the most.

Strongly recommended if you have been where I have been, felt what I have felt and seen what I have seen (Do you see what I See?).

The Shallows - Water - Albany / Western Australia (Sun 18 Apr 2004)

No comments:

Post a Comment