Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Street Band - 1990 New York City Marathon - Brooklyn (Sun 04 Nov 1990)

Street Band - 1990 New York City Marathon - Brooklyn (Sun 04 Nov 1990)

When I ran the New York City Marathon in Nov 1990, I borrowed Tim's small point and shoot film camera (no commercial accessible digital cameras back then) for the trip and ran with it during the Marathon.

This is my favourite photo from the run - I heard and saw the band playing on the side walk, so I just pulled over for a moment and snapped this shot.

You can see the Northern World Trade Centre Tower in the distance on the left of the photo - it is from there I took this photo of the Brooklyn Bridge in Oct 1988.

I love the one lone audience member - the guy in the Blue Shirt. Also the car with the boot/'trunk' open.

No comments:

Post a Comment