Wednesday, March 20, 2013

On Photography - The crushing force of time - Daido Moriyama

Uncle Sam (*) Mural - Chicago (Tue 06 Sep 2011)

Daido Moriyama (*) talks On Photography (*):
The crushing force of time is before my eyes, and I myself try to keep pressing the shutter release of the camera. In this inevitable race between the two of us, I feel I am going to be burnt up.
via Daido Moriyama: Now and Now: Steven Kasher Gallery (28 Mar 2013 - 04 May 2013) (*) via The crushing force of time .. (*) by Photographs on the Brain (*).

Interestingly enough, and something I did not know until just now ..
Daido Moriyama was born in 1938 along with a twin brother, who died when Daido was two. [..]
I think little known fact has a hugh bearing on Moriyama's photographic direction and subsequent career. More On Being A Twin (*) later. Back to the Photography:
Moriyama’s images convey the artist’s boldly intuitive exploration of urban mystery, memory, and photographic invention. Moriyama’s work immerses us in the melancholic beauty of life at its most ordinary.
Jenny and Joanne - Twins - Coop's Shot Tower (*) / Melbourne (Dec 1992)

No comments:

Post a Comment