Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Round the Island - Hong Kong Outrigger Change Race

Round the Island - Hong Kong Outrigger Change Race - 22 Nov 2009 (Promo Clip)

This is something that Jenny, Joanne and I always wanted to do. Jo and I hope to do it next year, maybe with a group of friends from Pacific Dragons.

Charlotte - small world. I viewed and downloaded this video last year on Sun 01 Feb 2009. I showed it to Jenny and at that stage we were keen to see if we could organise soemthing for the 2009 Hong Kong Round Island Race. We had paddled in an OC6 with the Hong Kong Island Paddle Club in Sep 2006 on our way to the 2006 Asian Dragon Boat Championships in Macau. From that time on we always talked about doing The Round Island. As always, we were always too busy on some other paddling adventure. Jo and I are going to make the time to ensure we do it sooner rather than later. As the moving background song (Angels on the Moon by Thriving Ivory) aludes and as I always said to Jenny do what you can, while you can ..

1 comment:

  1. It is a small world! I got quite a few queries on the basis of that video. We ended up with crews from Hawaii, Singapore and Japan. It was hell to organise but a great race. The highlight of my change race career was winning the race with HKOCC's women's crew in 2008 (after which I felt able to retire from change racing!)

    The steerer of my club's men's crew (HKOCC) put together this video of last year's race.

    ReplyDelete