Monday, February 21, 2011

Tesco Blue - Truro / Cornwall (Sun 06 Sep 2009)

Tesco Blue - Truro (Sun 06 Sep 2009)

I like the abstract and it would come as no surprise that I love Jackson Pollock's painting, Blue Poles which is owned by the National Gallery of Australia in Canberra (more here).

I remember as a kid, the 1973 controversy of Gough Whitlam's (the then Prime Minister of Australia) support of the $1.3 million purchase of a painting, that some said only took a couple of hours to drip, not brush. Also remember seeing the movie, Pollock when it was released in 2000.

When I am travelling, often look for abstract photos. This is one that I took on the day we arrived by train in Truro (on the Cornwall Coast), from London. It had been painted on the wall of the local Tesco that sided a path along the river we had just walked.

Like Bloody Gum, the photo Tesco Blue is a tribute to Jackson Pollock, Gough Whitlam (my Grandmother and Father would have been horrified to read my admission) and the amazingly fabulous Blue Poles.

No comments:

Post a Comment