Friday, April 25, 2014

On Calculus - ImprovOmega / Slashdot (Fri 25 Apr 2014)

Flower - Jardim da Estrela (*) - Lisbon (Wed 14 Aug 2013)

ImprovOmega (*) writes On Calculus (*), and its elegance (*) and beauty (*):
The brilliance of calculus (*) is the usage of infinitely many infinitely small rectangular slices to nonetheless derive an exact measurement of the finite area under a curve.

At its core, calculus is the merging of the infinite and the finite. When you truly understand it, it is one of the most elegant (*) and beautiful (*) discoveries in human history.
via Ask Slashdot: Books for a Comp Sci Graduate Student? (*) by peetm (781139) (*).

Like this one. Reminds me of what I felt when I first learnt calculus in high school.

After 12 years or so of not reading Slashdot (*), I have started following again to keep up the latest in the nerdy tech world I have always lurked as a fringe-dweller (*).

No comments:

Post a Comment